The following is The Princeton Review’s list of the 20 most LGBT friendly colleges and universities in the U.S.
1. Stanford University (Stanford, Calif.)
2. Oberlin College (Oberlin, Ohio)
3. Emerson College (Boston, Mass.)
4. Smith College (Northampton, Mass.)
5. Warren Wilson College (Asheville, N.C.)
6. Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, Pa.)
7. University of Wisconsin (Madison, Wis.)
8. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering (Needham, Mass.)
9. New College of Florida (Sarasota, Fla).
10. Pitzer College (Claremont, Calif.)
11. Carleton College (Northfield, Minn.)
12. Sarah Lawrence College (Bronxville, N.Y.)
13. Yale University (New Haven, Conn.)
14. New York University (New York, N.Y.)
15. Macalester College (St. Paul, Minn.)
16. Bard College (Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y.)
17. Prescott College (Prescott, Ariz.)
18. Grinnell College (Grinnell, Iowa)
19. Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.)
20. Rice University (Houston, Texas)
NBC's TODAY show: Top college rankings
Rob Franek, Sr. Vice President and Publisher at The Princeton Review, visits TODAY to rank the top colleges around the country.