Health Blogger Accidentally POISONS HERSELF

URL copied to clipboard.
  • Source: / Via:

  •  A 26-year-old health blogger from China thought she was taking big bites a stalk of aloe vera, but soon she was rushed to the hospital with burns and sores over her mouth and throat. What happened?! What’s could she have been eating? This entire story is bananas — which is another healthy food that could have been ingested in its place! But moving on!

    Aloe vera is thought to be a super food to some people

    Many health bloggers claim aloe vera will lower your cholesterol, oxygenate your blood, cure IBS, and even stop the growth of cancerous tumors, and in China, many young women pose for social media photos while eating, or just awkwardly putting their mouth on, aloe vera stalks.

  • Our unlucky vlogger, the one featured above, thought she bought aloe vera, but had bought agave americana stalks instead, which are much bigger than aloe stalks and are very poisonous.

    Oooof! That is some bad luck!

    Obviously, eating a poison plant is bad for you, but is eating aloe vera even good for you? According to Wikipedia, “There is little scientific evidence of the effectiveness or safety of Aloe vera extracts for either cosmetic or medicinal purposes. A research study finding positive evidence is frequently contradicted by other studies.”

    Researchers say that aloe vera supplements are good for digestion problems, but that’s about it. In fact, eating raw aloe vera stalks might even cause cancer or promote the growth of cancer cells!

    When it comes to health trends, experts warn that “natural” doesn’t mean “safe.”

    Have you ever accidentally poisoned yourself for the sake of health? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter at @WhatsTrending.

More headlines