“Gaston” Actor Killed After Lighting Firework on His Head
A beloved Disney World actor known for playing Gaston died in a tragic accident over the weekend after lighting a firework on his head.
Devon Staples, 22, was playing around with a mortar tube on his head in a friend’s backyard when he accidentally ignited the firework, according to his brother Cody who watched it happen from just feet away.
“It was a freak accident…But Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid. He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh.”
(Note: This is not the same actor from the viral video of a little girl putting Gaston in his place at Disney World last year, as we originally thought.)
See him in costume below.