Hillary Clinton’s 10 Best Trump Slams at the DNC
With each passing night of the Democratic National Convention, concern began to snowball that Hillary Clinton would not be able to top her opening speakers when it finally became her turn to take the podium.
That concern was all for naught.
Clinton proved, yet again, that her ability to deliver in the clutch should never be doubted. With the convention in the bottom of the ninth, she stepped into the batter’s box and launched a rousing, inspirational, and inclusive grand slam out of Wells Fargo Arena.
While Clinton’s crisp white pantsuit may have symbolized a shining beacon of hope, in Donald Trump’s eyes, she might as well have been dressed in black because she showed him as much mercy as the Grim Reaper.
Or, to put things in the parlance of Rocky Balboa’s hometown, she unloaded on him like he was a side of beef.
Here are the best Trump slams of Clinton’s speech:
10. Donald Trump can’t even handle the rough-and-tumble of a presidential campaign.
9. It’s just not right that Donald Trump can ignore his debts, but students and families can’t refinance theirs.
8. Let’s make sure this economy works for everyone, not just those at the top. Now, you didn’t hear any of this from Donald Trump at his convention. He spoke for 70-odd minutes – and I do mean odd.
7. Enough with the bigotry and bombast. Donald Trump’s not offering real change.
6. In the end, it comes down to what Donald Trump doesn’t get: that America is great – because America is good.
5. I believe in science.
4. In Atlantic City, 60 miles from here, you’ll find contractors and small businesses who lost everything because Donald Trump refused to pay his bills.
3. Donald Trump says he wants to make America great again – well, he could start by actually making things in America again.
2. Love trumps hate.
1. A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons.