Fans, Rejoice! Quentin Tarantino Confirms He’s Still Doing ‘Hateful Eight’
Indie Wire has the story…
The following is an excerpt from Quentin Tarantino Has A Sci-Fi Movie Idea Brewing; Confirms He’ll Direct ‘The Hateful Eight’ Next
Even before a frame has been shot, Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” has had quite the life. Announced last year as his next project, it wasn’t long after when an early draft of the script leaked, and he furiously decided to can the movie. But almost just as swiftly, he changed his mind and continued to develop the script, and then earlier this spring, he staged a starry live reading of what he had on the page so far (read our review of the event). And basically, the chatter was that Tarantino was going to ultimately direct “The Hateful Eight,” and soon, with Kurt Russell (who participated in the live read) recently suggesting that cameras would roll in early 2015. And while Tarantino didn’t give an exact date, he’s now confirmed this film is next on his slate.
Variety has more…
The following is an excerpt from Quentin Tarantino Confirms He’s Still Doing ‘The Hateful Eight’
On Sunday at Comic-Con, a fan directly asked him at a panel if he was actually continuing with the once-scrapped project. According to Collider, after a pause, he answered, “Yeah — We’re going to be doing ‘The Hateful Eight.’”
At the time of the leak, the director said he gave the script out to only six people and was “very, very depressed.”
“I give it out to six people and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it,” he said.
If “Hateful Eight” is indeed Tarantino’s next project, it will follow “Django Unchained,” his 2012 western hit that nabbed two Academy Awards.