Forcing Women to Take Their Headphones Out: Bad Idea, or Worst Idea?
Tired of bad advice being directed at women? You know, like that guy who said women should never wear engagement rings to job interviews. Well, here’s some bad advice directed at men! (About women, though. And it’s still sexist.)
Dan Bacon is a self-proclaimed “relationship expert” who doesn’t seem to understand boundaries. He made himself famous for all the wrong reasons this week when he wrote an article entitled “How to Talk to a Woman Who Is Wearing Headphones” on TheModernMan.com. If you don’t want to give this douchebag and his douchey website a click, here’s the most relevant part excerpted for you:
What to Do to Get Her Attention
1. Stand in front of her (with 1 to 1.5 meters between you).
2. Have a confident, easy-going smile.
3. If she hasn’t already looked up at you, simply get her attention with a wave of your hand. Wave your hand in her direct line of vision so she can see it and say, “Hey, how’s it going?” She most likely won’t hear you say that, but it’s just a way of showing her that you’re trying to talk to her.
4. When she looks at you and gives you her attention, smile, point to her headphones and confidently ask, “Can you take off your headphones for a minute?” as you pretend to be taking headphones off your head, so she fully understands what you mean.
Translated into “non-tool”:
What to Do to Get Her to Touch It
1. Stop her from going wherever she needs to go.
2. “Just be yourself!”
3. Treat her like a literal infant by waving your hand in her face.
4. Communicate in weird pantomime. She might think you have something more important to say than “lemme smash,” e.g., “there is a fire up ahead.” Bothering her will make her want to have sex with you!
Check out our video above to see some of the best tweets about this stupid, stupid article. Here’s one that didn’t make the cut but that I personally love:
What do you think? Would you bug a woman who has headphones in her ears? If so, what the hell is wrong with you? Let us know in the comments below or @WhatsTrending on Twitter!