Who Won The Twitter Wars at #SXSW Interactive
A snapshot of some of the data gathered about this year’s SXSW by Simply Measured.
Marketing gurus over at Simply Measured analyzed South By Southwest’s presence on Twitter and compiled some impressive numbers.
Tracking the hashtag #sxsw, here are some of the key highlights from the short study, via Senior Marketing Manager Libby Snead:
1. 60% increase in total Tweet volume from 2011 to 2012 — a good indication that the event continues to grow in popularity.
2. 41% of the interactive content being tweeted was photos — making it the most popular content of #SXSW.
3. FourSquare led the way amongst popular sharing apps, edging out Instagram and lapping YouTube.
4. 75% of the chatter around social discovery apps was for Highlight — giving it the title of most talked about social discovery app.
5. 77% of #SXSW Tweets sent were via iOS — making it the number 1 mobile platform, for the second year in a row.
Visit Simply Measured to check out the complete results.