Meg Whitman (Credit: Max Morse)
Former Ebay CEO Meg Whitman might be taking up the same post in Hewlett-Packard. Sources say that Whitman is among the frontrunners to lead HP. The American business executive ran Ebay throughout its heyday, raising the revenue from $4 million to $8 billion by 2008. Whitman resigned from her post in November 2007, but has remained on the company’s board.
Women currently hold 3.3 percent of the CEO positions in Fortune 1000 companies. But, that doesn’t make them any less influencial. Here’s other women who a running and ruling the world.
– Ellen J. Kullman (DuPont Chair of the Board and CEO) – Kullman was a former director at General Motors before taking the CEO position at DuPont. She was the first woman to run the chemical company.
– Lynn Elsenhans (Sunoco President, Chairperson and CEO) – Elsenhans received her B.A. in Applied Mathematics in Rice University and her M.B.A. from Harvard Business School. Before she took over Sunoco at the age of 52, she was the President of Shell Oil Company and President and CEO of Shell Oil Products US.
– Debra Reed (Sempra Energy CEO) – Reed served as the executive vice president of Sempra Energy before she was promoted to CEO. The San Diego-based company serves 31 million consumers worldwide and employs 17,500 people.
– Mindy Grossman (HSN CEO and Director) – Grossman is in charge of a $3 billion retail portfolio, and previously served as Global Vice-President of Nike, INc as well as serving as President and CEO of Polo Jeans Company.
– Ursula M. Burns (Xerox Chairperson and CEO) – Burns started at Xerox as a mechanical engineering summer intern and rose through the ranks. She is also a board director of the American Express Corporation and works with FIRST to inspire students to understand the importance of science.
– Amy Miles (Regal Entertainment Group CEO) – Miles has been a CEO and director since June 2009. She started her career wtih Pricewaterhousecoopers and Deloitte & Touche, before joining Regal Cinemas.
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.