This burger restaurant employee cooked a rat on the grill and, and understandably, no one likes it at all for some uhh.. obvious reasons.
The burger joint in Honolulu is called Teddy’s Bigger Burgers’, and people are freaking out after the rat grilling video has gone viral. Though, the restaurant owners also freaking out. And they’re doing everything they can to make sure this terrible misjudgement of two teenagers doesn’t cost them everything.
They have announced that the location in question is now closed and the two boys in the video have been fired.
Richard Stula, the president of Teddy’s Bigger Burgers said: “We are horrified that a former teenage employee would conduct themselves in that way and make such a video of which we are investigating its authenticity”.
Stula has ordered a “complete sanitization” of the location and will be replacing all equipment and utensils
“We will then send a corporate team in to inspect and complete a thorough audit of the location before it is allowed to re-open,”
The state Department of Health is also scheduled to inspect the restaurant and they are backing up the restaurant saying: “DOH appreciates the remedial and proactive efforts undertaken by the restaurant owner to protect public health.”
After this expensive and serious to-do, the company is also seeking legal action against the boys, as they have compromised the restaurant’s reputation for quality.
The restaurant previously held 4 stars on yelp, with tons of glowing reviews about the food and service. Though this fiasco might have damaged the company forever.
A lot of people do seem to be siding with the restaurant in this case, given its reputation. The company’s instagram has a strong following and proudly states it was voted Hawaii’s Best Burger 17 years in a row. So their customer base might have a chance at being saved.
But what about you? Would you be able to eat at the restaurant after watching a video like this? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter at @WhatsTrending