This Video Shows You How to Make Your Favorite Chinese Takeout Dishes
The Brothers Green are at it again, this time making Chinese Takeout recipes at home, and showing you how to do it yourself.
The idea of the video is showing home chefs how to make Chinese takeout, so that if they don’t feel like going out or if they’re somewhere without Chinese takeout, they can still have the foods they love.
In case you don’t want to watch a 20 minute video, listed below is the Brothers’ recipe for General Tso’s Chicken, which goes by many names, including Governor’s Chicken, General Gao’s Chicken, and General Cho’s Chicken, among others.
Brothers Green General Tso’s Chicken Recipe:
1 pound of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon of Minced Ginger
1 tablespoon of Minced Garlic
Chinese Cooking Wine
1 egg white
dried chili (fresh works if you only have freshy fresh)
1. Add one egg white into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of soy and Cooking Wine. Add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. 3-4 tablespoons of Corn Starch and mix together.
3. Add chicken and let marinate while you work on the sauce.
4. In another bowl add a cup of corn starch, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and mix up. Set aside
5. In a third bowl add 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of rice wine, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons of sugar, a splash of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
6. Dip the chicken and coat it well in the dry corn starch mixture.
7. Fry up that chicken in oil at 350-375 until it is glorious and golden. Drain on paper towel.
8. In a wok or large pan add some neutral oil (like vegetable), get it hot and toss in scallions, minced ginger and garlic and 1-3 dried chili (depending on your tough guy heat factor), mix it up and let it fry on high heat for 30 seconds or until it starts to color.
9. Toss in your master sauce and mix it around until it starts to boil and thicken up.
10. Toss your chicken in the sauce and mix around to coat it. Boom you are done!
Jeff Greenfield and his brother Mike are YouTubers who create takeout dishes at home. Did you like the Chinese takeout video? Then you’ll love this video of them making the entire Taco Bell menu:
What do you think? Will you try any of these dishes? Let us know in the comments below or @WhatsTrending on Twitter.