The issue of data security is becoming one of the most important in the information age. Our lives seem to be tracked through databases, and our private information has become more vulnerable than ever. Modern means of protection cannot provide a sufficient level of information security against a complex of targeted attacks that pose the greatest threat. The best means of protection is to work in advance, that is, to make it so that the criminal does not even have the opportunity to compromise the system.
In terms of integrity, blockchain technology is a great solution. It allows for ensuring 100% protection of certain properties of information. Blockchain can be used to verify updates, combat DDoS, device perimeter protection, password denial, supply chain protection, policy and configuration integrity control, and identity management.
Free VPN is required even when dealing with the blockchain. The advantage of a free VPN is that it makes the user anonymous on the global network. Therefore, fraudsters cannot track his actions. VPN for Chrome changes the IP address of the user and reliably protects private information. Read more about VPN extension and blockchain cybersecurity below.
How Does the Blockchain Network Work?
Blockchain networks are distributed among all partner computers (consortium network). Each partner can track every transaction in the network in real-time and can reject invalid transactions before they are applied to the registry. This simplifies auditing and significantly reduces the risk of fraud. In addition to creating supply chain applications and general workflows, developers are opening up new revenue streams by creating new blockchain-based products and services.
Participants of the decentralized network together store the information processed in it in the form of cryptographically protected data blocks. With the help of consensus algorithms, participants decide how they will trust each other. The transaction must be approved by the majority of network participants. Only after that, a new block will be added to the chain, which cannot be changed in any way.
Since the network is decentralized, there is no central hub where all the information is stored or an intermediary that coordinates the operation of the network between the 2 parties. This network is completely different from the usual centralized networks with the main node that coordinates the work of the entire structure. Blocks in a blockchain cannot be changed or deleted because each subsequent chain contains the hash of the previous block. Thus, no manipulation of information in the blockchain will go unnoticed.
Possible Use Cases of Blockchain for Cybersecurity
Here are some use cases of blockchain data security:
- Decentralized data storage. Blockchain technologies can be used to create applications that allow their users to store data in a decentralized way;
- Providing protection against DDoS attacks. A DDoS attack is a crypto cyber attack aimed at blocking the operation of a site by submitting a large number of requests that exceed the network bandwidth. The decentralization aspect of the blockchain creates a strong defense against DDoS and other types of cyber-attacks;
- Strengthening Internet of Things security technologies. Blockchain technologies can be used to decentralize the management of a network of IoT devices. This in turn prevents hackers from taking over the entire network through an attack on its controlling authority;
- Possibility of using digital IDs. Blockchain allows the creation of decentralized digital identities that do not depend on any third party;
- Application protection for private messages. Blockchain-based decentralized private messaging applications allow users not only to encrypt their messages but also to divide each message into small pieces of data and store these pieces in different places.
Advantages of Using Blockchain in Cybersecurity
Among the main advantages of using blockchain in cybersecurity, the following can be highlighted:
- Elimination of the intermediary;
- Reduction of transaction costs;
- Impossibility of hacker penetration into the system;
- Simplified verification of financial transactions;
- High level of transaction security;
- Full control of information and transactions by users;
- Speed of operations and communications;
- User trust.
Free Trial VPN Extension as an Effective Cybersecurity Technology
To ensure even greater cybersecurity when working with blockchain, it is recommended to use VeePN. According to reviews VeePN, this technology involves the creation of a private network over a public one. As a result, it provides a secure connection to the network and increases the overall level of security. Free trial VeePN is available to everyone, without restrictions. It’s a great way to keep your online activity anonymous.
Blockchain enables increased cybersecurity and already has many use cases today. The basis of the technology is its decentralization. It ensures an increase in information security because mostly fraudsters attack centralized control nodes to obtain the necessary information.