In recent years, more and more people are turning to natural remedies as a way to improve their health and well-being. One way to do this is by growing your own medicine at home. CBD and CBG strains are two popular options for those seeking natural relief from a variety of health conditions. In this article, we will discuss the best CBD and CBG strains for medicinal use, how to grow them, and how to use them as medicine.
Understanding CBD Strains
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a non-psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plant. It has been shown to have a variety of health benefits, including reducing anxiety and depression, relieving pain and inflammation, and improving sleep quality. Some popular CBD strains include:
- Charlotte’s Web: Charlotte’s Web is a popular strain of cannabis that was specifically bred for its high CBD content and low THC content. It was named after a young girl named Charlotte Figi, who suffered from a severe form of epilepsy that caused her to have frequent seizures. Charlotte’s Web has become widely known for its potential therapeutic effects, particularly in the treatment of epilepsy and other seizure disorders. It has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, making it a popular choice for those seeking relief from pain and inflammation.
- ACDC: ACDC is a hybrid strain of cannabis that is known for its high CBD content and low THC content. It was created by crossing two popular strains, Cannatonic and Ruderalis, and has become a popular choice for medical cannabis patients seeking relief from a variety of conditions. One of the most notable characteristics of ACDC is its high CBD-to-THC ratio, which can range from 20:1 to 30:1 or even higher. This means that it produces little to no psychoactive effects, making it a good option for those who want to experience the medicinal benefits of cannabis without the “high” associated with THC.
- Harlequin: Harlequin is a hybrid strain of cannabis that is known for its high CBD content and low THC content. It was created by crossing three popular strains: Colombian Gold, Thai, and Swiss Sativa. Harlequin is known for its potential therapeutic effects, particularly in the treatment of pain, anxiety, depression, and inflammation. It has also been shown to have antipsychotic properties, making it a potential treatment option for certain mental health conditions.
Understanding CBG Strains
CBG, or cannabigerol, is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. It is known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, as well as its potential to treat conditions such as glaucoma and Huntington’s disease. Some popular CBG strains include:
- White CBG: This strain is high in CBG and has a floral aroma. It is known for its relaxing effects and its ability to reduce inflammation.
- Jack Frost CBG: This strain has a high CBG content and a minty flavor. It is known for its energizing effects and its potential to treat conditions such as depression and anxiety.
- CBG Diesel: This strain is high in CBG and has a citrus flavor. It is known for its ability to reduce pain and inflammation.
Growing Your Own CBD and CBG Strains
Growing your own CBD and CBG strains is a rewarding experience that can provide you with a natural source of medicine. Here are some tips for growing these strains at home:
- Choose a strain that is suitable for your climate and growing conditions.
- Use high-quality soil and nutrients to ensure healthy plant growth.
- Provide your plants with adequate light, water, and ventilation.
- Be patient and monitor your plants closely for signs of pests or disease.
Using CBD and CBG Strains as Medicine
There are many ways to use CBD and CBG strains as medicine, including:
- Smoking or vaping: Inhaling cannabis is a fast and effective way to experience its medicinal benefits.
- Edibles: Cannabis-infused edibles provide a longer-lasting effect than smoking or vaping.
- Topicals: Cannabis-infused creams and balms can be applied directly to the skin to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Tinctures: These are concentrated liquids that can be added to food or beverages or taken sublingually (under the tongue).
When using CBD and CBG strains as medicine, it’s important to start with a low dose and gradually increase it until you achieve the desired effect. It’s also important to be aware of potential side effects, such as dry mouth, dizziness, and fatigue, and to manage them accordingly.
Growing your own medicine is a natural and empowering way to take control of your health. With the right strain and proper growing techniques, you can experience the potential therapeutic benefits of CBD and CBG strains and improve your overall well-being. And with Herbies as your trusted source for cannabis seeds and growing tips, you can feel confident in your ability to cultivate your own natural remedies.