Lil Tay’s ‘Former Manager’ Alleges Death Hoax Was Orchestrated For Attention On New Music (Exclusive)

URL copied to clipboard.
Loading the player...

Social media star Lil Tay has returned to social media following a lengthy hiatus. Amid her return to the internet, Tay made her comeback with “SUCKER 4 GREEN,” accompanied by a music video filmed in Los Angeles. At the time of the video’s release, Tay additionally went live and offered a further explanation of her living situation. Her former manager Harry Tsang begs to differ.

Tsang alleges that Tay was in on her own death hoax, and claims that she is only stating that he never managed her because he is calling her out. The manger then rebuffed Tay’s claims that her father was solely in charge of the hoax.  “There is no way the dad did it as they claim,” said Tsang. “There is no motive, and incentive for Chris Hope. Chris Hope never have access to Tay’s account.”

Tsang shared a lengthy rebuttal to Tay’s claims, including an alleged deal made between himself and the family while he was her manager. Documentation of this deal remains unproven.


My response on Liltay….#liltay #comeback

♬ original sound – TheHarryVoice

Tay then detailed an ongoing legal battle between her parents regarding child support and abuse. She shared a post breaking down the case on her Instagram account.


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Lil Tay (@liltay)

The social media star later got into serious allegations against her father, including claims that her father had sexual encounters with several women in front of his children. She further alleged that her father, Chris Hope, packed her moldy food for lunch at school, forced her to wear shoes with broken soles, and threatened to withhold child support when Tay’s mother threatened legal action.


Lil Tay’s Rise To Stardom

The video star turned rapper first attracted viral attention in 2018. Tay’s family released a statement regarding her passing this past summer, and claimed that her death was still under investigation. The rapper went offline shortly after her viral boom, after she was a victim of online harassment and bullying. The statement appeared on her official Instagram page as the first post in five years.

The rapper reached viral heights for her catchy bars and tagline as “the youngest flexer of the century.” Tay would frequently share humorous photos and videos holding up wads of cash. She rapidly amassed a multi-million following. Her posts on YouTube and other social platforms garnered this vast audience.

The false deaths of the social media star and her brother came just over two years after her brother, Jason Tian, started a GoFundMe page dedicated to saving Tay from alleged abuse at the hands of her father. Tay’s parents are divorced, and her social media silence came after she relocated to Canada to live with her father and his girlfriend. Tian shared images of his sister’s bruised face, and raised approximately $17,000.

At the time of the GoFundMe, fans of the rapper were suspicious that Tian was exploiting his sister for money, and that she was not actually being abused. Tay’s social media break began when she moved to Canada to live with her father, which has also contributed to suspicions that he controlled her social media presence.

Tay is yet to speak further on Tsang’s claims, and is yet to confirm or deny that he was once her manger.


More headlines